escargo gambargo finnelapasgibolisco.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Wednesday. This is the first time I stayed back in tpjc for nothing. Of course, with people who were fun to talk to: Jon and Edwin. It's sad (as usual) that I enjoy being with the people in my chinese class more than my civics group. Being from my chinese class, the people naturally speak English. And Jon was Victorian. Whereas those from my CG have As in chinese. So naturally, I flock with birds of my feather. Jon was finally punished for disobedience. So he was doing his chinese homework and the 3 of us sat at a table, talking and listening to some of the stuff on my phone. When he finished, he ran to submit it then we hung around a bit more, then they left for TM for they had their personal stuff, and me, I hopped on number 9 and alighted at the bus stop. Which I should be boarding from.
And of course, headed for home.

Thursday was quite a day I think I'll never forget. Because of Chinese lesson. Ironic, isn't it, but I really had a fun and funny time in the classroom. My teacher told us to bring mooncakes and anything related to this time of year: the Mooncake Festival. He wore a formal long sleeved checkshirt and brought some mooncakes, a knife, and stuff which I later found to be chocettes and prize-stuff. We figured he was a very traditional kind of person. I think he wanted to bring back his life- in wherever he came from- here.

So we started off- with a round of riddles- chai deng mi or something. Maybe I was in AEP, maybe I was happy at the moment (I always seem to feel happier in chinese class), maybe my chinese was really better, whatever it was, somehow I got a lot of the words right. So at the end my group got prizes and we sat down and shared mooncakes. Jon then sparked a brilliant idea. He tore a hole in a piece of paper and put it on the OHP. So there was a Moon. Alright. So we 'sat under the Moon eating mooncakes'. Then we took photos. It was damn fun. Soon we settled down to do some academic work, and while we were on it, my teacher said (in chinese), "Sad that time passed so fast". I had a flurry of thoughts and feelings and glances into the future. Anyone would have felt the same at this statement, especially after such a lesson.

And it's really sad that most of what I'm only going to remember of JC1 year is my chinese class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home