escargo gambargo finnelapasgibolisco.

Friday, September 02, 2005

bai er. That's "Tuesday" in Mandarin. It's weird 'cause it sounds exactly like "worship evil" in Mandarin. I so do hope I'm not gonna get influenced by tpjc. It's really really Chinese. I was right when I stepped into the school. Ah bengs. Mats. Ah lians. Ninas. Of course, there's always the minority, choosing to speak both, and there's the minorities' minority, like me. Somehow leads me to think about AC, and what life would've been like if I went there. Anyway the only thing I remember is that we played soccer. And it was fun.

Because most of them couldn't play.

Wednesday was, of course, better. Teacher's Day celebrations. But here's the catch. The celebrations was after 45 minutes of All Children Exercising Simultaneously, which consisted of the most stupid and boring dances I've seen; and 3 x 45 minutes of lessons. So school culture, or human nature, whatever it was, took precedence. Many just ran out.I did too.

So to VS. MJ people were there already; they had no school. What an opposite. So I made my way to the gallery. Tons of old boys were there. And below, was the vast present-VS spread, teachers included. Ronin, this rock band formed from old boys probably from 1970s batch, were onstage. So as usual they had their loud, attitud-al performance, after which many teachers who had left came back. They felt Ronin was putting across a message that was very wrong and full of fucks here and there. I joined 4B people; so heartwarming, homecoming kind of feeling I had then. We greeted our teachers happy teacher's day, and they greeted us back by saying that our faces have changed. I reckon I know what's that change. At least in me.

Mr Liong then showed us to the GEP resource room-transformed-AEP lounge cum media room. I was sure I missed something big back at the hall, but this almost compensates for it. We all Wow-ed, whined and Haiz-ed all the time in the room. They had 11 G5 computers on stylish tables with stylish lamps and stylish chairs. Then they had a whole nicely shelved (yes, really nicely shelved) horde (and yes, horde) of cameras and camcorders and SLRs and media accessories open for loan. There was a couch and different coloured beanbags all intended for AEPians' comfort during lessons. I heard there's gonna be rugs and carpets, and during lesson-time, all will be dark save for the light from the lamps. I imagined this theatrical lesson and my heart cried out loud. All this, only when we graduated. I won't say left.

And Mr Ong's leaving, I don't know why, but he just is. Since this is a good time, although you all may not even read it in your life, I want to thank you and Mr Liong for making my AEP life in VS so nice. Nice's really the best word that wraps up all. Now my heart's too glued to VSAEP2004, and so to VS, by something even stronger than superglue.

Went to see Mr Zuraimi too. I see he's still the same, advic-y teacher, reminding us to basically hold on to our dreams, and reach for them. Only he smiles and laughs less. I suppose that's because of the lack of4B. Ms Kong's a bit mad now, somehow making us all feel guilty for not laughing, as her expression expects us to, at her joke. But she was very friendly and talked to us long about the co-ed issue.

We then went to the Marine Parade student's usual hangout- Parkway. It was nostalgic to once again hang out unrestricted with my friends, my brothers. We went to play pool till about 5. Then we went bowling. Didn't do too badly in both. But I must get -180+. I have to.
After that I went back to PP with some of them to have dinner.
Absence truly makes the heart grow fonder.

Thursday. Happy Teacher's Day to all my teachers. And what a way to spend it. I could've joined my brothers at the airport studying and of course, deviating from study, but I didn't. Instead I was at longman's house baking some unsuccessful jam-crammed cookies. I expect we're gonna fail at this part. Can't remember much more. Either I don't have a good memory, or I simply chose to forget. Anyone would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home