escargo gambargo finnelapasgibolisco.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Haven't been blogging for many weeks as many of the days were all the same, me struggling with my pathetic life in tpjc. So I'll keep typing on this post about whatever I have to say, to make up for the loss.

Singapore's 40th birthday, aka National Day was fun, but not also very fun, due to the infiltration of my biological system by a virus. For after that, I had fever, a very, very, very bad sore throat, and cough. So I took MC for 2 days- meaning I get a week of holiday, while others had to go to school for those 2 days. Not until I had a small chat with Eric, some Temasekian, who told me to drink lots and lots of water, that I drank lots and lots and lots of water, and then I started to feel it going off. And that feeling, is really euphoria. To feel life come slowly back into myself... Please please please please please.

The newspaper reported: Victoria School's going co-ed, and they've already sent in the proposal. NO WAY! VS will not shine as a mixed school! What about the years of tradition, culture, history? Currently the VS webpage shows the 129 Speech Day presentation, and Nelson Mandela's words shout out: "There is nothing like returning to a place that has remained unchanged, to find the many ways in which you have altered." And they still dare to do this! How can Ang Pow Chew, to whom we have given 5 SYF Golds, 2 with Honours, Cross Country Double Champions and National Track and Field Double 3rds, even have a hand in this? I'm really ashamed to even think of the possibility. No more shouting, cheering in the rain, one voice, VS Spirit, everything! I am glad I did have my four years, for they were the best I ever had, better than my primary school, better than kindergarten, better than jc. The best. I would really cry if VS really goes co-ed. If such happens, 129-year old VS will always be in my heart.

VS... I admit, I love Victoria School.

NAPFA- I should get a gold, as I kept all above C. My 2.4 is disappointing, however. I retook it 3 times- 11:47, 12:30, 12:00. I might as well have not retaken. That's why "I should get a gold", and not "I got a gold". On the other hand, I'm quite satisfied with Standing Broad Jump-260, best in the class. The tip of my toe was just touching the 300' mark. I remember when I jumped- the class was going "Ah, Bryan, surely A one", which was very comforting indeed, and when I jumped to 260, the eruption of cheers held me momentarily rooted before I let myself go off. Shuttle run was 9.3s, but I'm not at all confident of Vincent Lee's reaction time. Nonetheless, 25 points for me- with all above C- that's a Gold for me!

I forgot if I'd said it before, but I'll just say it again. I'm in track now. And one great, big fat difference about neighbourhood schools and our kinda schools, is that neighbourhood schoolpeople find it silly to join track, when it's one of the more prestigious CCAs in our-end schools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home